ECOffee Consumers: Creating Conscious Coffee Consumers with Sustainable Habits for Enhancing the Sustainable Coffee Industry
Partners & contact persons
- Strategic Omnia Research and Technology Development Ltd., Limassol (Cyprus): Anthi Gavriel
- European Institute for Local Development, Thessaloniki (Greece): Apostolos A. Amprazis
- TropicalAstral Lda., Quarteira (Portugal): Veronica Gelfgren
- Universiteit Maastricht, Maastricht (Netherlands): Maria Tomai
- Razvojna agencija Sotla, Šmarje pri Jelšah (Slovenia): Anita Čebular
The Tudás Alapítvány (Foundation of Knowledge) was formed in 1994. Our objectives are:
- to support young artists and their art exhibitions
- to support lecturers and researchers
- to support book and journal publishing
- to release various publications
- to organise scientific and cultural conferences
- to cultivate cultural contacts between European nations
- to present and support Hungarian culture abroad
- to support the studies of talented students
Within the general objectives listed above the foundation gives special attention to
- the improvement of the competitiveness of lecturers and researchers working in the field of economy or agriculture and that of the college or university students taking part in education related to these fields and also the farmers concerned; the foundation wishes to achieve this through imparting up-to-date knowledge about economy, agriculture, environmental protection, rural development etc.
- the preservation of natural and cultural values
- the growth of cultural values by supporting new works of art (such as: statues, paintings, books, theatre performances, literature, music etc.)
- the preservation of historical traditions
- the support of the discovery, preservation and study of folk art and folk culture
- teaching the healthy way of life and the healthy attitude to life
STRATEGIC OMNIA RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY DEVELEOPMENT LTD.
OMNIA – sustainable research and innovations, works with an established global network of partners to build the sustainable world of tomorrow. From its offices in Cyprus, Omnia’s multidisciplinary team provides and develops sustainable solutions and strategies through a range of services including consulting, research and cross-sector collaborations. OMNIA developed a vast global network with the necessary resources for the projects’ development and dissemination working together with many local and international organisations from entrepreneurial and IT business development fields.
The organisation offers a wide range of specialized services in the public and private organizations in the following sustainable development fields at local, European and International Level.
- Sustainable Development
- Smart Agriculture
- Environmental Engineering
- Circular Economy
- Innovative Learning
- Smart/Green Cities
- Sustainable Transport
- Gender Equality
- Business/Start-up Development
- Geospatial / GIS
In addition, Omnia utilizes its expertise to turn innovative ideas into qualitative projects for National and International programs, such as Horizon2020, Interreg, Erasmus+, LIFE+ among others. The team has more than 50 years of combined experience regarding projects’ coordination and implementation. OMNIA’s services are directly related to the following 11 SDGs while indirectly promoting the enhancement of the rest.
- To develop as a recognized organization in the field of sustainable development by enhancing the international network and developing collaborations regarding Educational, Research Private schemes of the European Union and abroad
- Provide smart strategic solutions and enhancing partnerships for a more inclusive and sustainable future
- Conduct high-level research in various fields and provide custom made solutions
- Encourage entrepreneurship, leadership, and societal change through
- Enhance sustainable development in accordance with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Create education and training programs for a variety of partners and
- Develop smart innovative approaches in the sectors of tourism, agriculture and circular economy
EUROPEAN INSTUTUTE FOR LOCAL DEVELEOPMENT
European Institute for Local Development (EILD) was founded in 2009 as an independent non-governmental organization whose members are European citizens and organizations interested in supporting regional development activities. EILD’s mission is to consistently provide innovative high-quality services that improve the economy of regions and the quality of life in urban and rural areas by supporting and promoting experience sharing between its members and partners for sustaining international cooperation, skillful networking and further progress and growth. Our organization’s goals and network come in support of fulfilling our mission. We contribute to the integration of the whole areas in a more balanced way through economic, social, and environmentally beneficial initiatives in order to extensively increase the population’s quality of life.
- As the role of technology in human reality tends to become multi-purpose and multi-level, EILD has applied ICT in many fields, such as Education and Business and also in other different
- EILD provides Non-formal/ Vocational education, ICT education and innovative educational activities for educational In other words, EILD provides specialized education for specific groups.
- Gamification is a new training method, introduced early by Our organization has experience in shaping such Innovative Tools.
- EILD provides high quality and commitment at its services and user management, by maintaining a strong and active profile on regional and international RTD, adapting flexible market strategies and defining innovative means to optimize our
- EILD has also great expertise in creating ICT tools and e-platforms.
- EILD has effectively designed software for transferring information from classroom whiteboards to smart devices including smart board and camera based approaches.
- The goal of EILD is to expand innovative ideas among regions, so as to cooperate with other regions in national or international level and implement them for the regional development.
TropicalAstral Lda is a private adult education provider and translation company, focused mainly on corporate clients in the Algarve area providing private executive business language lessons.
TropicalAstral also offers a wide range of services aimed at enhancing business growth and/or market (re)positioning. TropicalAstral can provide website and mobile application design (iOS and Android), as well as create and manage social media platforms, providing clients with integrated social media strategies.
TropicalAstral has significant in-house experience in educational resource, website creation and mobile application development and content building. The owner and key employee of TropicalAstral has also created the teachers’ tool website “The Language Menu”, which has a member base of around 35,000 teachers worldwide. This technical and creative expertise is also a key contribution that TropicalAstral can bring to a project.
The staff at TropicalAstral has extensive experience leading dissemination/valorisation and working with social media for EU project dissemination. Their staff have been involved in over 50 EU projects, including Erasmus+, TOI, Justice,
Grundtvig and Mobility projects since 2008, both as partner and coordinator They have worked on several projects involving integration and language learning for immigrants.
While TropicalAstral is a newly incorporated company, the staff previously been involved in EU projects in the past through different companies. There are six paid staff in TropicalAstral, who all travel for the meetings and work on the work packages.
Maastricht University (UM) is a top-ranked international university, renowned for the quality of the research undertaken in many areas. UM is ranked 127th worldwide by Times Higher Education (THE) for 2022 with a strong score in research visibility (i.e. citations) and it is ranked ‘6’ in the 2021 THE-Ranking for best young universities in the world. UM is known for its international character with 40% of its employees and 50% of its students from abroad (100+ countries). In addition, also the School of Business and Economics (SBE) is a renowned business and economics school, ranked 62nd worldwide in the 2021 THE-Ranking and belongs to the world’s top 1% triple-crown accredited business schools (EQUIS, AACSB, and AMBA).
UNU-MERIT is an institute that functions as a unique research centre and graduate school for more than 80 PhD fellows and 130 Master students. It is also a UN think tank addressing a broad range of policy questions on science, innovation and democratic governance. UNU-MERIT focuses on the particular role of science, technology and innovation, in the broadest sense, in bringing about development and the improvement of social welfare at the national and international level. It addresses how individuals, private and public organizations, institutions, and countries at all stages of development, can make better use of knowledge to create and enhance growth and development opportunities.
Located in the centre of Europe, UNU-MERIT explores how a diverse range of countries – developing nations, emerging and transition economies, as well as industrialized economies in Europe – some of which have been lagging behind while others have forged ahead – can catch up in the global, unequal playing field of the 21st century, without increasing inequality and social exclusion. The Centre’s research and policy work brings to the forefront the particular role of the state, of the structure and governance of national institutions, their characteristics, and their effectiveness, to inform emerging economies on how they can catch up and compete at the technological frontier.
Within this broad global context, UNU- MERIT’s research mission is to provide more insights into the social, political and economic international and local context within which innovation and technological change is created, adapted, selected, diffused, and improved upon. The Institute’s research and training programmes address a broad range of relevant policy questions dealing with the national and International governance of innovation and intellectual property protection, and the creation and diffusion of knowledge. The institute attributes an important role to direct engagement with stakeholders, policy makers, practitioners and social entrepreneurs and draws on diverse methods such as survey analysis, case-based analysis, quantitative-qualitative comparative analysis, discourse analysis, and actor-centred institutional analysis. Innovation systems and processes are analysed at multi-levels (e.g. actor, technology, sectoral, national or regional systems), cross-sectionally and/or longitudinally.
RAZVOJNA AGENCIJA SOTLA
Development agency is an institution which performs public services for a number of municipalities in the South-Eastern part of Slovenia (by the Croatian border). With professional knowledge we support local initiatives, ideas, take care of heritage and regional development.
Since 2001, RA Sotla has experience working with many different projects. Our staff is used to coordinating, implementing, developing, creating and managing various projects, with many partners from different programs.
The main experiences of RA Sotla are:
- project management (domestic and international projects),
- content implementation of projects,
- administrative and financial management of projects,
- organization of events,
- managing public relations,
- conducting studies, condition analyses in the field of entrepreneurship, tourism, rural development and cultural heritage,
- creating promotional publications, creating and/or
- editing business plans.
RA Sotla acts as a supporting organization for the public sector as well as for SMEs. They conceive ideas for the projects or turn ideas into projects. They offer consultancy with guidance through the entire business process free of charge – from the company’s establishment to the conception of project ideas and their realization, have extensive expertise in company management and possess the desire and passion to provide young entrepreneurs with assistance on their path to success. We especially help small and medium-sized enterprises in rural areas, which are faced, with challenges when adopting innovative business models to increase their competitiveness.
Main work areas for Development Agency Sotla:
- rural development,
- development of small and medium enterprises,
- tourism development,
- working with youth,
- preservation of natural and cultural heritage,
- preservation of the environment and human resources.
Part of our work is also performing economic activities on the market – creating DIIPs (identification documents of project investment), tender application consulting etc. We have experience as a lead partner and as a partner in domestic and international projects (LEADER/CLLD, Interreg V-A Slovenia-Croatia, Erasmus+, EU for citizens etc.).
The projects vary from tourism, ecology and communal projects to rural development and the establishment of partnerships with numerous Slovene and international public or private organizations.