Europe for Citizens
Summary of the project
“Human Times” is a multidisciplinary project that aims at presenting new researches and understandings about the relationships between aspects of the human nature that resulted in the rise of totalitarianism, the ways that individuals preserved their human dignity and the influence of this period on the contemporary European society through the lens of art.
Creative actions and documentary approach will be used for bringing citizens together to commemorate the victims of totalitarian regimes and to open up discussion about what happens when intolerance takes over, and most of all, honor the strength of nations to get through the repressions and build a democratic and peaceful Europe, what we know it today.
Programme priority targeted by the project
- Civil society and civic participation under totalitarian regimes
Project general objectives
- To contribute to citizens’ understanding of the Union, its history and diversity.
- Raise awareness of remembrance, common history and values and the Union’s aim that is to promote peace, its values and the well-being of its peoples by stimulating debate, reflection and development of networks
Project specific objectives
- To find psychological reasons behind two opposite systems – totalitarianism and democracy
- To extract and represent aspects of the human nature that connects with the rise of totalitarianism and its substitution with democracy
- To analyse the influence of totalitarian period on contemporary European society
Duration of the project: 18 months (1st February, 2021 – 31st July, 2022)