Professional Visit (M1) – Iceland
Summary of the project
3 persons of the Foundation of Knowledge (FK) are attending the professional visit.
Host institution: Icelandic Tourism Research Centre (ITRC)
Date: 28th May – 3rd June, 2017
Aim of the visit:
1) Introducing of FK and ITRC, getting to know these organizations. During the visit besides ITRC we are getting to know the role played in tourism by the University of Akureyri (ANUK) and Hólar University College.
2) Preparations of new projects (EEA Grants, Erasmus+: mobility, strategical partnership, etc.)
Possible aims of the new projects:
- health/wellness tourism sector,
- some aspects of the sharing economy (home hosting, airbnb, etc),
- animals and tourism,
- outdoor recreation and adventure tourism.
Taking the situation of the above professional areas in Iceland and Hungary into consideration, we are going to examine which of the above fields are suitable for cooperation, what kind of new projects can be generated on the base of the existing experiences of the partners.
3) Learning about the situation of tourism and vocational and higher education in Iceland. We intend to collect data and information about tourism in Iceland and the situation of vocational and higher education. Meeting the key-figures of touristic training, informing them about the situation of vocational and higher education, institutes in Hungary and Csongrád county as well as the possibilities of cooperation.
4) Visits to institutions, farms, tourist destinations, services. Besides the centre of ITRC, HUC and ANUK, we will also visit different farms, companies, organizations in order to get to know the touristic services and education in Iceland as well as possible.
We are going to sum up the results of the visit in a report, which will be published on the website of the FK. We are planning to inform people involved in the touristic vocational training in Csongrád county about our experiences, the possibilities for cooperation and to start planning the new projects.